84 Full Size Rebuild

1 reply to this topic

#1 bpmor51

bpmor51

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:23 PM

This is a great information site. I have an 84 full size Bronco with a 300 six and 4 speed tranny. I have owned the Bronco for 8 years and am going to restore it. The body is in great shape, transmission and axels are fine but the engine is tired. I am going to rebuild to stock because of California emmision laws. I am looking for information about the TFI ignition. Does anybody know of an aftermarket harness that can be used to relocate the module or would I be better off changing to a Dura Spark system. Would an aftermarket ignition system be of any benifit? Thanks.

#2 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:58 AM

The question in my mind is, can you even change the ignition system and comply with California law for an on road vehicle?

Is the ignition module a square aluminum unit about 4 x 4 x 1.5 inches mounted on the left front wheel well? If so, you have a Duraspark system.

If you are staying stock with everything else, I can't see what you will gain by changing the ignition system.

That's my .02 :-"

Good luck,

:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users