5 replies to this topic

#1 big jon

big jon

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:38 AM

hi i just purched a 1989 EB and i need to do some minor body work. I like to have a nice looking truck buti also use a truck for what it is in my oppinion it is made for work and to play hard. my 86 EB rotted real bad in the tailgate area.the inner fender wells,wheel wells and door bottoms. My first idea is to remove all the carpet hit everything with a wire wheel to remove all rust and coat the entire floor inside with ryno liner and not put carpet inside. Than i want to sand blast the frame and the rest of the exposed parts under the truck and undercoat it also. Than i want to paint the body after i do body work.

1.is the runo liner insteed of carpet on the interior a good idea?

2.i heard of useing aircraft paint on the exterior, is it worth it (it is more $$$$ but it is said to hold up 5-10 better against scratches,scuffs and fadeing )

-any and all input will be helpfull,thanks......................big jon

#2 fbrown3

fbrown3

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing and spending outdoor time with my boys, playing with the BII

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:00 AM

The rhino lining is good stuff but i'm not sure how well it would work to deaden the sound while runnung down the highway. As for the paint you might want to check into marine paint also a friend of mine used it on a truck that he used to pull his boat due to the fact that he had the truck in the water so much when loading and unloading the boat(just a thought).

#3 Col Klinx

Col Klinx

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:47 AM

My friends dad had a good idea, use por 15 on the floor then put the carpet/vinyl back over it.

#4 traildamage

traildamage

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Hunting at home in Texas<br />Rock'n in the mountains<br />Chasing tail<br />Building a better mousetrap

Posted 16 January 2005 - 02:54 PM

hi i just purched a 1989 EB and i need to do some minor body work. I like to have a nice looking truck buti also use a truck for what it is in my oppinion it is made for work and to play hard. my 86 EB rotted real bad in the tailgate area.the inner fender wells,wheel wells and door bottoms. My first idea is to remove all the carpet hit everything with a wire wheel to remove all rust and coat the entire floor inside with ryno liner and not put carpet inside. Than i want to sand blast the frame and the rest of the exposed parts under the truck and undercoat it also. Than i want to paint the body after i do body work.

1.is the runo liner insteed of carpet on the interior a good idea?

2.i heard of useing aircraft paint on the exterior, is it worth it (it is more $$$$ but it is said to hold up 5-10 better against scratches,scuffs and fadeing )

-any and all input will be helpfull,thanks......................big jon

View Post

You might check out Durabakbedliner.com.. It cames in gallons.. It is a urethane plastic. That means it is rugid, uv,chemical resistant. The military utilizes it for boat decks, many industrial applications.. The sweat thing is it comes in colors, you can brush it on in various layers and cover up a lot of small dent and dings.

It is like a armor coat of rubber.. Urethane does have a pot life.. so have your project prepaired..

All so you can read Peterson 4x4.. A few months ago they wrote an article reguarding this product.. They resxtored a bronco top and used it as an interior coating for waterproofing and sound dampening.. Traildamage

#5 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:03 PM

that por-15 is some good chit man used a few times,if you got the money it's the only way to go.eastwood company has it.

#6 raceear

raceear

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

I thinking of doing the same thing to a bronco looking at aproduct called rust bullet claims to be better than por 15 you can cheek it out @ rust bullet.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users