1968 F100 steering

5 replies to this topic

#1 Swanson,G

Swanson,G

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

I have a 1968 F100 1/2ton, and when i bought the truck it had power steering installed. The problem is that it was from a 72 or later model. I want to replace it with the 68 stock power steering. I cant find a place that has the system and would very much like to replace it. Any help would be great!

#2 {�}~�rݚ�£~

{�}~�rݚ�£~

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:44 AM

I have a 1968 F100 1/2ton, and when i bought the truck it had power steering installed. The problem is that it was from a 72 or later model. I want to replace it with the 68 stock power steering. I cant find a place that has the system and would very much like to replace it. Any help would be great!

View Post

I have a 1969 F-100 1/2 Ton.... it has manual steering...i dont think that power steering was even put in any of those late a models..... i believe it would be easier to transform it to rackopinion steering than to powersteering ....but i really dont think they had stock power steering on those late ones
Posted Image

#3 Swanson,G

Swanson,G

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:30 AM

I have a 1969 F-100 1/2 Ton.... it has manual steering...i dont think that power steering was even put in any of those late a models..... i believe it would be easier to transform it to rackopinion steering than to powersteering ....but i really dont think they had stock power steering on those late ones

View Post

The problem with the steering is that the previous owner hacked in a system from a 72.
I was told that power steering for this truck was an option from the dealer. Thank you for the help.

#4 fordtruckman

fordtruckman

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

yes my 68 had original power steering but finding a replacement for me was a big you know i finally got a pump from a 75 and put the pulley on backwards so it would line up with the belts and it worked.

#5 8up

8up

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

View Post

go to www.fordification.com and look under the technical papers section for "converting to power steering". This should tell you a lot about your steering and he also has (I think) an early bedix box for sale. ^_^

#6 sargentrs

sargentrs

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:09 AM

Go visit the boys over at Fordification.com, they've got everything you need to know.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users