7 replies to this topic

#1 TNCEMT

TNCEMT

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

I'm trying to find out where I can get the original paint for my 75 F150. It's almost an olive color, and I have no idea as to where I can find it. Or anything similar. My local dealerships don't have this information, in fact they tell me they can't find parts for most vehicles before '95. Any information would be great. Also, are there any good resources out there for hi performance C6 transmissions? Thanks fellas.

#2 Slomar

Slomar

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Wheeling, Flying, Snowboarding, Video Games

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:27 AM

Just curious... Why would you want original paint? Theres a lot of new tech and blends out there that can hold up a little better. Have you tried the parts forum for a new transmission? I saw a good article at www.ford-truck.com about swapping a T18 for a NV4500. Its all greek to me, but it was a good read about everyday drivability upgrades.

#3 TNCEMT

TNCEMT

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

Just curious... Why would you want original paint?  Theres a lot of new tech and blends out there that can hold up a little better.  Have you tried the parts forum for a new transmission?  I saw a good article at www.ford-truck.com about swapping a T18 for a NV4500.  Its all greek to me, but it was a good read about everyday drivability upgrades.

View Post

I've always had the dream of taking something back to the day it rolled off the showroom floor, shy of engine upgrades. Would be nice to see some American metal rolling around like they use to. I just want her to look original and run wild.

#4 jake_262

jake_262

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

I don't know if you have a local paint shop that carries ppg paint, or any other automotive paint for that matter, but if you find a place that sells automotive paint then they should have a way to match your paint on your truck, and ATS is a good name for good trannies for ford deisels, I think they have c6's also

I'm trying to find out where I can get the original paint for my 75 F150.  It's almost an olive color, and I have no idea as to where I can find it. Or anything similar.  My local dealerships don't have this information, in fact they tell me they can't find parts for most vehicles before '95.  Any information would be great.  Also, are there any good resources out there for hi performance C6 transmissions?  Thanks fellas.

View Post

#5 Slomar

Slomar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:46 AM

Just a thought, but have you checked the door tag yet? Maybe that'll give your local dealership a better color code to look for. I have the Haynes if you'd like me to look up a code.

#6 TNCEMT

TNCEMT

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

Just a thought, but have you checked the door tag yet? Maybe that'll give your local dealership a better color code to look for.  I have the Haynes if you'd like me to look up a code.

View Post

My local dealerships won't or can't pull up information on vehicles before 1995. To me it sounds like lousy leadership around here. I didn't know if the local shops would have any chip boards or color charts for Ford paints, sounds like it would be a good start for me. I guess I had a predjudice for a moment and thought only Lowe's and Home Depot did color matches, :-& . I appreciate it fellas, and as for the tranny, I'm praying I don't have to buy a reman for Advance or Autozone.

#7 Slomar

Slomar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:39 AM

www.autocolorlibrary.com !!!! I just found this today. It had all the the chips for my 76!

#8 TNCEMT

TNCEMT

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

www.autocolorlibrary.com !!!! I just found this today.  It had all the the chips for my 76!

View Post

hey, THANKS A TON slomar. awesome awesome site for paint info. i just found a chip chart for ford's on ebay as well...

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users