2 replies to this topic

#1 Bronc Buster

Bronc Buster

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:42 PM

Does anyone know what is goin on here im lost. I installed the first starter and it fried when i tried to start it up i figured it was a bad starter so i went back to get a different one and it did the same thing i changed the solenoid but that didnt help? Any ideas?

#2 fordtruckman

fordtruckman

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:48 AM

does the engine turn at all> is it locked up? check the battery cable between the battery and starter to see if the cable is loose from the connector. the connector maybe tight on the starter but may not be tight with the connector. also where are you getting the starters from? a chinese parts place or junk yard or from ford?

#3 madmax

madmax

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

If you're buying Duralast (AutoZone brand) parts thats your problem, I haven't had a single Duralast part not let me down yet, cheap Taiwanese garbage, go to NAPA, Ford, or bronco graveyard (they have parts for pickups too) if you want parts that wont die immediately. Also some stuff from Advance Auto is okay, depends on where it's made. O'Mally's I cant speak for since there's not one in my area.

When I changed starters in my bronco I got the high torque starter from bronco graveyard, works great, will even start the truck in gear with no problem (not generally a good idea though).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users