1988 Ford Ranger

3 replies to this topic

#1 deb

deb

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:16 PM

Hi! I am new to this site and I have a question regarding a 1988 Ford Ranger XL, 4 cyl, manual, efi.
The truck will not start, there are no lights, radio, horn, etc. The battery has been tested and is good. A co-worker thought it might be the voltage regulator and he replaced that. Still nothing. Can someone give me any suggestions on what could possibly be wrong with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/font]

#2 vilchitos

vilchitos

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

Hi! I am new to this site and I have a question regarding a 1988 Ford Ranger XL, 4 cyl, manual, efi.
The truck will not start, there are no lights, radio, horn, etc. The battery has been tested and is good. A co-worker thought it might be the voltage regulator and he replaced that. Still nothing. Can someone give me any suggestions on what could possibly be wrong with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/font]

hi, i was have the same problem, the relay is the problem, the relay than control the gasoline pump, just change it and will start..

check it..

#3 andre 244

andre 244

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:55 AM

is it a 2.0 or 2.3 engine
if u have nothing may b fuse link on 2.0 at lh fender apron on 2.3 rh fender apron
check if u have power on fuse 15 if no
90 % sure it fuse link 16 gage black wire

let me know it u find it tks

#4 Daniel

Daniel

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

Have you check the timing belt? that might be a reason that it isn't doing anything. Does anyone know how to set the time on a 1988 ford ranger it is a 2.3liter and I don't have a clue on how to time it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users