6 replies to this topic

#1 marckari

marckari

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

i have a 1990 Bronco and when i turn the key i get all my lights that would normally come on when it would start but i get nothing as far a cranking. I took out my starter and battery took them to AutoZone and had them tested they tested fine. So while i was there i bought a new silenoid. After i put that in i turned the key with no love still. I still have all power and lights just doesnt turn over. If i short out the selinoid it will turn over. Not sure if it will start or not because i have my headers off so i unhooked my coil so it wont start. I am just trying to get it to turn over. After i fix that i am going to put my headers back on and see about the rest. I would like any help i can get with this problem.
Thanks,
Marc

#2 marckari

marckari

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:10 PM

To add a little more info i checked the rod from the switch on the steering colom and it moves when i turn the key so i know that is working. just looking for any info i can get

#3 marckari

marckari

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

To add more to this. I took the S wire off the selinoid and when i turn the key to start i get 6 volts. From what i have read and know i should have 12 volts. So what i did was make a jumper wire from battery to the start poll and then it would turn over. So now i am guessing it have to be the switch on the steering column or the inigition switch. if some one knows what i should do from here please help. I would rather buy the little switch on the column before i buy the ingition switch just because it is cheaper. the only thing i can see on the switch on the column is that it is basically like a relay so i dont see how that could go bad but at this point who knows. One thing that i do know is that i could hot wire one of these like a champ after i get done with this whole process.

#4 marckari

marckari

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

Well now i have replaced the switch on the steering column and have no results. I dont have a book so i am not sure if there is a fusable link in there some where from the switch to the solinoid. If someone knows if there is and where it is at i would really like thier help.
Thanks,
marc

#5 miesk5

miesk5

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, beach runs, surf fishing
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

Well now i have replaced the switch on the steering column and have no results. I dont have a book so i am not sure if there is a fusable link in there some where from the switch to the solinoid. If someone knows if there is and where it is at i would really like thier help.
Thanks,
marc

Troubleshoot with these wiring diagrams;
http://aarc.epnet.co...n/8828/8828.htm
Click:
CHASSIS ELECTRICAL
WIRING DIAGRAMS
Fig. 28: Chassis wiring � 1990�91 F-Series and Bronco

and look at http://texasindustri...techinfo_fd.asp for a simple starter w. diagram
96 Bronco, E4OD, Man Xfer Case & Hubs
See my Big Bronco & F Series Technical & Parts LINKS site. Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
Thanks to All Who Serve

#6 marckari

marckari

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:22 AM

Well i am back working on this bronco issue. I still can't make it turn over however i replaced the ingitiom module(TPI) and then it did turn over just for a brief second then stopped. So i am thinking that is the problem but now i have to replace the module again so that means some thing is making it go bad. So could someone help me out on this.

I shorted it out to turn over the car but it doesnt start. I check and i am getting fuel and spark but it is not starting could someone help me with this also.
Thanks,
Marc

#7 broncogurl86

broncogurl86

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

Well i am back working on this bronco issue. I still can't make it turn over however i replaced the ingitiom module(TPI) and then it did turn over just for a brief second then stopped. So i am thinking that is the problem but now i have to replace the module again so that means some thing is making it go bad. So could someone help me out on this.

I shorted it out to turn over the car but it doesnt start. I check and i am getting fuel and spark but it is not starting could someone help me with this also.
Thanks,
Marc

Hey marc i had a similiar problem with my bronco i ended up putting a push button start into it i was able to start it by jumping the selinoid but the key just would not work now that i have the push button in it fires up everytime with no trouble what so ever just a suggestion is all some people do not want to do that to their vehicles but i know that if i had not done that with mine it might still be sitting in the drive and not out having fun
Good Luck and Happy Muddin'
Kris

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users