2 replies to this topic

#1 mat

mat

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

I have a 1980 custom F250 with a 300 inline 6 and 4spd. The truck has dual gas tanks with a front/back switch built into the heater/fan panel. I filled the front tank and half filled the rear tank and have kept the switch to the front tank. But as I use gas from the front tank, it seems to keep itself topped up by taking gas from the rear tank.

Is this normal??????

(The swith seems to work, and the single gas gauge changes level from tank to tank.)

thanks
mat

#2 Boston_Bob

Boston_Bob

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:24 AM

Hi Mat.....Ford had a recall on a valve between the tanks that causes that. check with your ford dealer. You should get it fixed , if you fill both tanks one could overflow as your driving ...happened to me ...good luck

#3 lindab

lindab

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

Have a 92 F150 that is leaking gas when both tanks are full. Sounds like recall issue. Ford said recall was repaired and gave me the name of the dealership that repaired it. They didn't have date of repair. I called the dealership and they have no record of repairing the recall. What is the difference between these two recalls? Has anyone else been in this situation?
Recall ID# 93V125000 - FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY
Recall ID# 01I008000 - FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
NHTSA opened an investigation to the FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY May 29, 1998 and it is still open.
Ford did tell me to contact them if the truck started on fire!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users