1986 bronco steering column swap

1 reply to this topic

#1 disco

disco

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

ok im new to all this but slowly learning i was checking on the compatibility of a 1986 bronco steering coulmn swap with a 1984 Ford f-150?

-and the reason for this is due to some smart guy that broke into my truck ripped the steering wheel off and drilled into the column via the ignition, trying to steal it i believe but with the looks of the job im not sure......-

thanks and any help would be awesome

-disco-

#2 Seabronc

Seabronc

F-Series Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

No problem, most 80 -86 Ford F series and FS Bronco parts are interchangeable. The swap is really not difficult at all. Remove instrument bezel, remove steering column shroud (be careful of the line that runs from the instrument PNR indicator), disconnect that line from the steering column, disconnect shift linkage, remove 4 bolts where the column goes through the fire wall, disconnect the ignition switch connector and turn signal connector, remove bolts holding column to the dash. Then reverse the process for installing the new column. NOTE: most difficult thing is disconnecting and reconnecting the shift linkage.

Good luck,

:)>-

"I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I did'nt say what I meant"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users