3 replies to this topic

#1 HillBilly Deluxe

HillBilly Deluxe

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:15 PM

I have no tailaights no brake lights, no running lights, no turn signals. There was a electronic brake on it, but it was taken out, they spliced a bunch of wires. Trying to restore truck, and need the lights to work so I can drive. Haynes Manual does little good for me, anyone know how I could get a factory diagram?

#2 HillBilly Deluxe

HillBilly Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:21 PM

I have no tailaights no brake lights, no running lights, no turn signals. There was a electronic brake on it, but it was taken out, they spliced a bunch of wires. Trying to restore truck, and need the lights to work so I can drive. Haynes Manual does little good for me, anyone know how I could get a factory diagram?

Could it be the entire turn signal switch? I am getting no power to rear lights at all, and it seems, as though all that runs through the TS switch. Anyone?

#3 GittSumm

GittSumm

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

Could it be the entire turn signal switch? I am getting no power to rear lights at all, and it seems, as though all that runs through the TS switch. Anyone?

All the 'non-running light' power runs through the TS switch, there are 3 power inputs, turn signal, brake, and emergency flasher. If the turn signals on the front work but not in the back then I would suspect the wireing between the switch and the back lights. When restoring my F100, I gave up on finding all the corrosion, bad connections, and amateur splices and rewired all the lights to the rear of the truck from the switch (which was working perfectly) to new tail light sockets that were purchased at a local auto parts store. I also rewired the running lights from the light switch to the running lights.

The backup lights and running lights are on a separate circuit, if they also aren't working, somewhere in the wireing from back to front there is an open, possibly a plug that is bad or from what you posted a bad splice. Also check the grounds (there is one behind each taillight) but I don't suspect those because both sides are out.

#4 79RAGTOP

79RAGTOP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

THIS WON'T BE FUN. ODDS ARE THAT ALL THE WIRES ARE THERE STILL BUT WHOEVER TOOK THE ELECTRONIC BRAKE OUT NEVER SOLDERED THEM BACK TOGETHER. EASIEST WAY IS TO TEST WIRES WITH TEST LIGHT. ONE AT A TIME AND LABEL THEM THEN YOU CAN TRACE THE CORRECT ONES INTO BACK OFF TAILIGHT BULBS. WILL PROBABLY BE FOUND IN A WONDERFUL BALL OF ELECTRICAL TAPE AND WIRENUTS. GOOD LUCK

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users