lots of work to do here...

No replies to this topic

#1 mcmike

mcmike

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:39 AM

i bought a 77 f-100 351 that's been sitting in a field for about 5 years, so i've been working my ass off on it (already replaced the floorboards, tuned up the engine, cleaned the carb, replaced a busted engine mount). but there's a lot of things left that i need help on.

1. the fuel tank was rusted on the inside, so i needed to replace it. i got the old one off just fine, except (and i feel like an idiot for not know what these are called) the two hoses coming from where you pump the gas, the big fat one and the tint one, you know? the hose clamps were rusted solid, and were the only thing holding the tank on, and i had to drive it to work the next morning, so i just cut them with a razorblade, figured i'd get new hoses from advance auto anyway, because the hoses were shit to begin with - either that or the rand new one i ordered would come with them. but it didn't, and it turns out, nobody sells the damn things anywhere, not advance or auto zone or o'reilly; advance said i'd have to junkyard them. i've been looking for them online, but i can't find them anywhere, and i feel like i could if i knew what they were called. so if you know what i'm referring to and/or where to find them, hit me up.

2. the truck didn't come with a/c, and i'm wondering how much trouble and money it's going to take to put it in, you know, see if it's worth it. anyone got anything?

3. i bought an aftermarket tachometer, but the instructions for splicing the green wire to the distributor didn't have a listing for the 77 f-100; closest thing was an 85 f-150. for the 85 it said splice it to the green wire with a yellow stripe off t he distributor, and i figured since there's a wire like that on the 77, that should be it, but it's not working. granted, the thing was the cheapest one they had, like 35 bucks, so i could just be broken. but i'd like some input on whether i spliced the right wire.

thanks everyone.

mike

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users