7 replies to this topic

#1 TSboomer11786

TSboomer11786

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

I am a new user here and I just threw a bearing on my 75 f100 it has a 360. SO instead of rebuilding the engine my girl friends dad offered to give me an 86ish 302 5.0l mustang engine that is in good shape and did run. I am curious as to what adapters I will need which I dunno where to find them. ANY IDEAS??? PLEASE HELP

#2 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

I am a new user here and I just threw a bearing on my 75 f100 it has a 360. SO instead of rebuilding the engine my girl friends dad offered to give me an 86ish 302 5.0l mustang engine that is in good shape and did run. I am curious as to what adapters I will need which I dunno where to find them. ANY IDEAS??? PLEASE HELP

check with L&L the only thing you should need is motor mounts and frame mount.

Edited by Big White Bus, 23 April 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#3 TSboomer11786

TSboomer11786

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

What is L&L?

#4 Big White Bus

Big White Bus

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

What is L&L?

search L&L products
the make engine conversion part mounts, kits, header, ect.

#5 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

gonna need a tranny too.360 is a fe bellhousing.
may need a radiator or pump depending on what side it dumps.gonna need all the brakets to mount the P.S> pump,alt,a/c,etc.
exhaust will have to be modified to fit the 302.
frame mount towers as mentioned.

#6 TSboomer11786

TSboomer11786

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

Do I need a new trans or can I just get a bell housing from an 80's mustang that will match up? I have an aluminum radiator from a cobra mustang, new headers, and a fly wheel that came on the engine. Is a kevlar clutch a good idea?

#7 highboy73

highboy73

FORDing thru life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

you shouldn't have any prob finding a bellhousing.Don't get me lieing to you about kevlar clutches...I never had one.the cenetr force clutches have never let me down,they have several differant kinds maybe even kevlar.

#8 Mike R

Mike R

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

Good luck but you will need more than you think.The radiator will be fine but will need new hoses, motor mounts,frame mounts; exsaust system if it is stick then you will also need a bellhousing and probibly a z-bar bracket that bolts to the block because of the different block and if auto than a different tranny.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users