3 replies to this topic

#1 thetachi136

thetachi136

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

I am new to all this but here goes....
I have an 84 f150 that I would like to do a solid axle swap. It has the stock IFS and I would like to put a dana 60 under it. Jeff's bronco graveyard sells a conversion with a 10" lift. If I bought this conversion kit and a dana 60, how difficult would this swap be? My goal is to run 44" boggers on the truck. It will not see a whole lot of offroading but I want it to be solid. Any help is much appreciated.

#2 lostin90s

lostin90s

old part is good part s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Wrecking yards , my kids , places with no cell phone service, and Centurion F150 crew cabs

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

Ask Bronco grave yard . They will know all ins and outs. But some one here may know of it .

Just get leaf spring and 60 and make own spring perchs. Use lift springs in front and rear .

We use the dana 44 out of a pre79 .
Parts is parts

#3 thetachi136

thetachi136

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

I was thinking of getting a f350 donor truck and swaping the dana60 including leaf springs but I am worried about welding the mounts to the frame or bolting to the frame. How do you know the proper location on the frame?

#4 lostin90s

lostin90s

old part is good part s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Wrecking yards , my kids , places with no cell phone service, and Centurion F150 crew cabs

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

I believe the mounts r built in . But if u can weld anything can be done.

Before removing the stock suspension drop a plumb bob from frame to center axle and mark on frame.

Then once u r ready to roll the 60 in for fab work u have a center line to go to . Or just get frame and all off donor (front section) You will have all mounts ,drag links and something to take measurements off of.

Just reseach and reresearch . before u start to cut .

I just touched the topic. But general idea.
Parts is parts

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users