4 replies to this topic

#1 akojsp

akojsp

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

I am putting a new fender on my 1993 F150. What all do I have to do get to the rusty pos off? What will I need to remove?

Any help will be appreciated.
1993 F150
Front Winch Receiver
31' Tread Wright retreads (Goodyear Wrangler MT tread pattern)
Magellan GPS
JVC Stereo
HI-Lift Jack
More to come

#2 94 f250 guru

94 f250 guru

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I like to work on and upgrade my truck and my friends also. I enjoy working on diesels more due to my training. I am an avid outdoors man to include hunting fishing and just about anything else.
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1992

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

I am putting a new fender on my 1993 F150. What all do I have to do get to the rusty pos off? What will I need to remove?

Any help will be appreciated.

you will need to remove your front grill assembly, take off the 4 bolts under the hood, the one bolt inside the door frame, the one bolt under the fender to be removed just in front of door under vehicle, and all the little pain in the butt screws if it is an xlt or just the little bolts that hold on the inner fender. when removing the grill assembly there is two bolts on the bottom of the plastic grill insert that sometimes get missed. if these are missed you will have to replace the insert. if you need any pics of the process let me know. I just finished doing it myself. my email is [email protected].
Stan Ouellette
a.k.a. 94 f250 guru

#3 akojsp

akojsp

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

you will need to remove your front grill assembly, take off the 4 bolts under the hood, the one bolt inside the door frame, the one bolt under the fender to be removed just in front of door under vehicle, and all the little pain in the butt screws if it is an xlt or just the little bolts that hold on the inner fender. when removing the grill assembly there is two bolts on the bottom of the plastic grill insert that sometimes get missed. if these are missed you will have to replace the insert. if you need any pics of the process let me know. I just finished doing it myself. my email is [email protected].

Thanks for the offer! I e-mailed you.
1993 F150
Front Winch Receiver
31' Tread Wright retreads (Goodyear Wrangler MT tread pattern)
Magellan GPS
JVC Stereo
HI-Lift Jack
More to come

#4 forddude777

forddude777

F-Series Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

hello everyone. I own a 96 f150  my left driver side fender is rusted out and need to know how remove it. So I can replace it with one from the

wrecking yard. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated you can respond to me by email. my email address is [email protected]   

96 F150

#5 miesk5

miesk5

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, beach runs, surf fishing
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1996

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

yo Ford dude,

WELCOME!

Here is the 96 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual (PARTIAL) by dieseldave at
http://www.diesel-da...stj/stjleft.htm

Section 01-02: Body Panels, Front End
http://www.diesel-da...tj/stj12014.htm
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Fender and Apron, Front
Removal

1.Clean all dirt from screws, bolts and nuts attaching front fender (16005).

2.Remove headlamps (13008) from the vehicle. Refer to Section 17-01.

3.Remove the screws attaching front fender to radiator support (16138).

4.Remove one screw attaching the lower end of front fender to lower corner of cab.

5.Remove one screw from inside cab attaching the lower end of front fender to cowl.

6.Remove screws attaching front fender to cowl extension.

7.Remove screws around wheelhouse opening attaching front fender to front fender apron (16054).

8.Remove bolts attaching battery tray (10732) to front fender (right side only) and bolts attaching auxiliary battery tray or tool box (left side only) (both R.P.O.).

9.Remove hood latch cable from left front fender and main wiring harness from right front fender.

10.Remove screws attaching hood assist spring (16C644) to front fender. Remove front fender.

Installation
1.Position nuts and retainers to front fender.

2.Apply sealer to upper edge of front fender apron.

3.Position front fender to front fender apron and loosely install screws.

4.From inside the cab, loosely install screw attaching front fender to cowl.

5.Install screw attaching the lower end of front fender to lower corner of cab.

6.Loosely install screws attaching front fender to radiator support.

7.Loosely install screw attaching front fender to cowl extension.

8.Loosely install the bolts, attaching the battery tray to front fender (right side only) and bolts attaching auxiliary battery tray or tool box (left side only) (both R.P.O.).

9.Adjust front fender and tighten all mounting screws and bolts to specifications listed at the end of this section.

10.Install hood assist spring to the front fender.

11.Install headlamps. Refer to Section 17-01.

SEE DIAGRAMS and parts ID List

GL!

If you can, snap pics and do a write-up here
96 Bronco, E4OD, Man Xfer Case & Hubs
See my Big Bronco & F Series Technical & Parts LINKS site. Will need to clean up dead links & add many more new links some day. Thanks to Mr. Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
Thanks to All Who Serve

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users