#1 Cpt Sparrow

Cpt Sparrow

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1992

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

I recently purchased a 97 F-150 that someone changed the motor. The truck has sat up the past 3 years till i pulled it outta the weeds,and have been finishing the install. The guy that put the motor in the truck did almost everything but left some items undone. I put the belt back on it changed the oil,new plugs,fresh gas,the dummy that did the swap pulled the exhaust !! I've reinstalled everything that he did'nt put back had it running twice but it now only starts when it wants to. I put new fuel filter,relays gettin fuel and fire but it still will not crank i plan to change coils cuz im gettin white fire, if not the coils then the last choice maybe ecu any ideas ? They will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

#2 bronc76

bronc76

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

Have you tried to pull codes?

#3 Cpt Sparrow

Cpt Sparrow

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

Have you tried to pull codes?

Yeah it gives all clear i changed both coils today and still nothing its firin and gettin gas its supposed to run there is no reason for it not to but it won't it makes no sense at all im thinkin it has a lifter stuck but who know's

#4 bronc76

bronc76

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1978

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

You said it was getting fuel, have you checked it with a fuel pressure gauge anyway? How are the injectors?

#5 Cpt Sparrow

Cpt Sparrow

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

You said it was getting fuel, have you checked it with a fuel pressure gauge anyway? How are the injectors?

Yeah im gettin around 45 psi but the driver side is drippin fuel out the exhaust i plugged in the 02 sensors and left the pipes off. im thinkin it may have a stuck lifter i've worn out 2 starters tryin to crank it but when i did get it to start i was holdin the throttle wide open it will hit but thats all. its got myself my dad and 2 ford dealerships scratchin our heads !! the guy that put it in for my uncle bought the motor from my dad so we know without a shadow of a doubt its a good engine it was in a 93 town car we drove it up in front of the shop ,pulled it and put it in the corner for a short period of time.

#6 Rickey

Rickey

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing,Fords.
    Alabama Football!!!!!!ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Favorite F-Series Year?:1977

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

Have you maybe thought that the computer in the truck isn't working corectly with that motor.Ihavn't had much dealing with the computer controled motors.Like different cams in the the motor that came out of teh town car than what was in the truck engine.I have seen a 88 blazer that was tbi .It had anew motor put in it with a not computer controled cam.When it did crank and run.It was wide open.Changed the cam to a computer controled cam.It ran fine.Thank god for CARBS!!!!
1977 F-150 460 makeing around 400hp ( My Pride and Joy)Told the X wife she would go
C-6 with shift kit before the truck would
L&L headers with single chamber flowmasters and turn downs and L&L ladder bars
4in ruff country lift with a 2in body kift.
35x12.50-15 mud tires on 15x10 chrome and black modular rims
cd player,2 amps,2 600watt Sony 10s
4.10 gears with a locker in the rear
Future plans is to level it up .Hate the ass end sitting higher that the front.AND scrap the crappy C-6 for a manual.

1985 Bronco 427 small block
Small cam for the moment,all aluminam top end
max cool radator,headers and 2 1/2 exhast with flowmaster and echo tips
C-6 with a 208 transfer
33x12.50-15 all terrain tires
8000 warn winch and brush guard
Needs a 5 speed and a solid front axle liek it should have came!!!!!!!!

1995 Ford F-150 Extended cab 4x4
Stock 5.8 with E40D tranny
Push button 4x4
True dual exhaust with NO cat under it.
32x12.50x15 Maxxis mudders
220,000 miles and still runs like new.
Just needs a 5 speed in it and a solid front axle like it should have came!!!!

#7 Cpt Sparrow

Cpt Sparrow

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:17 AM

well the town car is computer controlled as well if anything it'll get better milage with the town car cams thanks for the thought ! It"s still a windsor engine regardless it will be the same the only diff tween a windsor and a romeo is the oil pans the intake and how many flywheel bolts in the crankshaft but yeah the computer has crossed our minds it was close to a tree that got struck by lightin but they offer 12 different computers for that year model !! i hate to buy one just to try all i can do is get the numbers off it and cross my fingers that the junkyard has a match !!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users