3 replies to this topic

#1 Ziggy

Ziggy

F-Series Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:48 PM

I've been going to the Panamint Mtns. for years now. The trails range from mild to wild depending on your skill. The area is full of old gold mines to explore and you can even visit the house that Charlie Manson was captured in. Highest peak will put you at 7000'+ and you get a nice view of Death Valley. I don't recommend going in the summer as temps will climb past 100 degrees. I go in the fall and spring time, nice temps, plenty of sun and you may run into snow at times. There is water in various places that you can drink, but beer is better. There are some old miners cabins that you can stay in if weather turns nasty.

#2 4xfan78

4xfan78

F-Series Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ford prefer 78-79 bronco<br>The bigger the better

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:34 AM

Sounds like it is lots of fun. :(( I wish we had a place like that around my area (east Ga.) I know a few people that would drive almost anyware for good mud.
GOT MUD?

#3 Guest_custom_78_*

Guest_custom_78_*

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

Hey ziggy have you ever been to Los Coyotes Indian Reservation because it sounds almost just like the same place. And how far away are the Panamint Mtns. from San Diego?

#4 Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:4-Wheeling!

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:47 AM

If you want mud, look for those lake beds that get drained down to get ready for winter rain. Thats some rear fun muddin in the summer!
Wheel it like you stole it!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users