Flashing Airbag Light

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BRETS_BRONCO_*

Guest_BRETS_BRONCO_*

Posted 07 May 2004 - 03:22 PM

Anyone messed with their airbag, The aibag light is flashing a code at me, have

not looked it up as yet.

I am pretty Techno orientated but have never messed with the airbag and to tell you

the truth I don't really want too mess with it ,

but it could be a simple task that I may regret later taking it to the dealer to

fix......you know big bucks.......

Bret

#2 kelly

kelly

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

mine just started doing that too. flashes 4 then 5. sometimes it stops then starts flashing again. i could use some help too.

#3 Wliebhard

Wliebhard

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Mtn. Biking, Family, Making engines fit that shouldn't.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Kelly, the # of times the airbag light flashes corresponds to the fault code it's sending you. I can't remember where I saw the printout of codes, but you might try a google search. Sorry I can't be of more help.
1985 Bronco, '95 Cummins 12v, 47RE tranny, NP241HD T-case, 31" MT, 3" body lift, more to come...

#4 Wliebhard

Wliebhard

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

Kelly, I did a quick search, but this is all I found, It may be a starting point:
I found this in another Enthusiats forum. The link is http://www.ford-truc...ex.php/t-169332

This is the airbag code list for a 96 Explorer:

AIR BAG DIAGNOSTIC MONITOR DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) PRIORITY TABLE
DTC.......LFC......Description......................................Action To Take
B1342....24........Internal microprocessor fault..............GO to Pinpoint Test A.
...................................(retrieved only during on-demand self test)

B1867...12/52....Lost battery feed or low battery..............GO to Pinpoint Test B1867.
...................................feed voltage

B1869.......- .....No air bag indicator - Inoperative.........O to Pinpoint Test C.
...................................indicator circuit

B1913......13/53.........Air bag driver/passenger circuit...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1913.
...................................short to ground

B1914......14/54.........Primary crash sensor circuit shorted...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1914.
...................................to ground

B1921.........21...........Air bag diagnostic monitor ground...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1921.
...................................circuit open or not mounted to vehicle properly

B1922.........22...........Safing sensor output circuit shorted...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1922.
...................................to battery voltage

B1923.........23...........Memory clear circuit improperly...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1923.
...................................grounded

B1924.........24...........System disarm failure or internal...................GO to Pinpoint Test A.
...................................diagnostic monitor fault

B1932.........32...........Driver side air bag high resistance...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1932.
...................................or open

B1933.........33...........Passenger side air bag circuit high...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1933.
...................................resistance or open

B1934.........34...........Driver side air bag circuit low...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1934.
...................................resistance or shorted

B1935.........35...........Passenger side air bag circuit low...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1935.
...................................resistance or shorted

B1941.........41...........RH primary crash sensor feed/return...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1941.
...................................circuit open

B1942.........42...........LH primary crash sensor feed/return...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1942.
...................................circuit open

B1944.........44...........RH primary crash sensor not mounted...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1944.
...................................to vehicle properly or ground circuit open

B1945.........45...........LH primary crash sensor not mounted...................GO to Pinpoint Test B1945.
...................................to vehicle properly or ground circuit open

DTC - Diagnostic trouble code, retrieved using New Generation Star (NGS) Tester 007-00500 or equivalent.

LFC - Lamp fault code, flashed on air bag indicator.

I hope this helps.
1985 Bronco, '95 Cummins 12v, 47RE tranny, NP241HD T-case, 31" MT, 3" body lift, more to come...

#5 Wliebhard

Wliebhard

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:57 PM

One more thing, Kelly; the four then five indicated your Bronc is sending you a #45 code. In any case your airbags will not deploy when they are faulting like that.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users