79 Bronco Needs Help

21 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_custom_78_*

Guest_custom_78_*

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:42 PM

You can check it o9ut for suggestions and ideas. If you have any questions just ask me there.

#22 Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter

F-Series Maniac

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:32 AM

ok so thoguht what should i start with now because u guys are sayimng all this stuff but for a beginner what shoudl i start out with thoguht

1st: Spend the Time and Money to get it running sound. Motor, tranny, Tcase ect. Like I told ya before. If it don't run relieable you'll just have a lifted non-running yard art.

If your going to use it as a mud toy more then anything. Don't worry about the paint, rust ect. on the body because that don't make it run any better. Just eye candy only

2nd: If mud toy, lift it 4" or trim fenders to clear a 35" tire of your choice. (I run 35-14.5-15 TSL Boggers. I'll tell ya no there mean offroad and hell on drivetrain.) So 35" TSL's, BFG M/T's will dothe job. go with around a 4.56 gears and locker in the rear. if ya can afford this route.

If ya can't afford that. Do #1 first. Then put a set of 33-12.50's you can clear these with no lift and ain't really gotta swap gears. You'll be on the trails.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users