Found Something...dunno Where It Goes

22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Bronco_Huey_*

Guest_Bronco_Huey_*

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:21 AM

Found out that I was thinking the adjustment was the flat metal piece inside the hole of the TPS, which as it turns out is the throttle blades. After thinking about the post you made about filing the holes etc, it finally clicked. I wiggled the TPS the best I could but couldn't get the significant drop in voltage. I first took a drill bit that has the serrated stuff along the shaft and tried to file it out since I didn't have a small hand file. That made the voltage better but didn't get it. Finally took a propane torch and heated up a screw driver tip nice and hot and expanded the holes in the direction they needed to go in order to get the voltage to drop. For whatever reason, mine needed to go counter clockwise. Anway, I got it as low as 1.12 now. The idle is great!! :D/ The only issue I have is that it doesn't come right up to idle on start. I turn the key without gas and it kinda struggles to get to steady idle. If I hit the gas to help it, then it goes right away to idle and no problems what so ever. Even throwing it in reverse, running the a/c etc., doesn't make the idle dip at all. As it stands I'm really happy with the idle right now. If you think getting the voltage to drop to that magic number of 1.0 will help the initial start up then I'll pick up a little file and go to work on it this weekend.

Next repair.....A/C!!! My current system is to my belief R12. It cools but 80 degree A/C is not exactly respectable. :lol:

I just want to say thanks for all your help on this too!! :)>-

#22 Guest_Bronco_Huey_*

Guest_Bronco_Huey_*

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:36 PM

went back in and took the IAC off to clean it and the underside port that you cant really get to was still pretty badly gummed up. I tried adjusting the TPS every direction and the farthest I could get it down was 1.126 so there its staying. After I got everything together it runs fantastic!! The hesitation is gone as well as it struggling to get to idle at start. :) :) :)

#23 94_bronc

94_bronc

F-Series Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:working on cars and junkyard surfin

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:27 PM

glade it worked out
94 xlt 302 mass air
msd ignition
rebuilt and updated E4OD